Wednesday 29 August 2012

This month I have mostly been........

As usual, I have too many ideas that I want to blog about. What usually happens is that I write none of them, so to change that, I'm just going to do a snap shot of all of them.

Some I might get back to, others not.


So, what HAVE I been up to this month?


................reading

50 Shades of Grey (Sorry!)
Read this for my first ever book group meeting. Won't be bothering with the next two. Why? Just a bit boring to be honest - lacked story line behind all the bedroom antics

The Information Diet
Really making me look at my internet habits. Trying to reign these in a bit by giving up blog reading and Facebook for a while. Still got to control the distractions of the web, but it's a start.

Tales of Mystery & Imagination
Edgar Allan Poe's collected tales. Entertaining stories from a twisted mind.


................watching

The Godfather
Finally watched this movie (even this time took two attempts to get through). Can see why it's up there, but not going into my favourites list.

Great Ted talk this month:
The Shared Wonder of film
Definitely encouraged me to watch some other classics (some good suggestions here)

Great British Bake Off
It's back - hooray!


.............learning

Sailing
Something I've been meaning to do for a while. Finally got out in a boat last Sunday on the River Tay. Shame there wasn't a scrap of wind in the air. Next outing planned for next week.

Yoga
Back doing this again now that I've discovered a lunchtime class at work. Hoping to build up a bit of strength (already flexible enough)



...............cooking

Slow pot lamb (now that the butchers is filled with this year's lamb)

Lemon drizzle cake (a fine cake, but needs more raising agent next time)

No comments:

Post a Comment